0431 Commissioned police officers
End of Quick search
Lead statementCommissioned police officers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate police force administration and police activities such as maintaining law and order and detecting and preventing crime. They are employed by municipal, provincial and federal governments. This unit group includes officers from the rank of staff sergeant to police commissioner. Commissioned officers in the railway police are also included in this unit group.
- chief superintendent
- deputy police chief
- harbour police chief
- police chief
- police lieutenant
- police superintendent
- railway police chief
- RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) commissioner
- staff inspector
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree in the social sciences or in business administration may be required.
- Several years of experience as a police officer are required.
- By-law enforcement and other regulatory officers, n.e.c.
- Police officers (except commissioned)
- Sheriffs and bailiffs