0414 Other managers in public administration
End of Quick search
Lead statementManagers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of policies and programs which govern the daily operations of legislatures and other activities unique to government such as intergovernmental affairs and elections. They are employed by government departments, agencies and legislative bodies.
- clerk of the committee, Legislative Assembly
- director, elections planning
- director, federal-provincial relations
- director, intergovernmental affairs
- Managers in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Participate in the development of policies and programs by providing advice to senior government managers of legislatures or departments or agencies involved in activities unique to government
- Organize government unit or agency and establish procedures to meet objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise professional and non-professional staff conducting research, preparing documents or providing administrative support
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, programs, equipment and supplies
- Organize and direct committees and working groups to plan, manage or evaluate projects and programs
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
- A bachelor's degree in a social science discipline, law or business administration is required.
- Several years of experience in government policy development, research or program administration, or in a professional occupation in social science, law or business administration are usually required.
- Progression to senior management positions in this field is possible with experience.
- Administrative services managers
- Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration
- Government managers - education policy development and program administration
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Program managers in government
416416 Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers)
- Senior government managers and officials