0413 Government managers - education policy development and program administration
End of Quick search
Lead statementGovernment managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of elementary, secondary and post-secondary education policies and programs. They are employed by government departments and agencies.
- director, education curriculum development
- director, education policy analysis and research
- education director
- manager, education program administration
- school inspection director – public administration
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A master's degree in a particular educational specialization may be required.
- Several years of combined experience as a school teacher and as a government educational policy researcher, consultant or program officer are usually required.
- A provincial teaching certificate is usually required.
- Progression to senior management positions in education is possible with experience.
- Administrators - post-secondary education and vocational training
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Program managers in government
416416 Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers)
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education
- Senior government managers and officials