0412 Government managers - economic analysis, policy development and program administration
End of Quick search
Lead statementGovernment managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
- border services manager
- business development director – government services
- chief, economic analysis – government services
- customs manager – government services
- director, economic policy analysis – government services
- director, excise tax programs – government services
- director, farm products marketing – government services
- economic development director – government services
- energy market analysis director – government services
- forest resource analysis chief – government services
- international trade policy manager – government services
- manager, grain market analysis – government services
- revenue programs manager – government services
- taxation manager
- tax policy research manager – government services
- tourism development manager – government services
- trade development director
- A bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, commerce or public administration is required.
- A master's degree in economics or a related field may be required.
- Several years of experience as an economist, economic development officer or socio-economic researcher are required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Financial managers
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Labour policy analysts
41644164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
- Program managers in government
416416 Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers)
- Senior government managers and officials