0412 Government managers – economic analysis, policy development and program administration
End of Quick search
Lead statementGovernment managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
- border services manager
- business development director – government services
- chief, economic analysis – government services
- customs manager – government services
- director, economic policy analysis – government services
- director, excise tax programs – government services
- director, farm products marketing – government services
- economic development director – government services
- energy market analysis director – government services
- forest resource analysis chief – government services
- international trade policy manager – government services
- manager, grain market analysis – government services
- revenue programs manager – government services
- taxation manager
- tax policy research manager – government services
- tourism development manager – government services
- trade development director
- Government managers in economic analysis and program administration perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of economic policy research projects and economic programs
- Participate in the development of departmental policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise economists and other professional staff who conduct economic research, prepare reports or administer programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour, transportation or agriculture
- Direct and advise economic development officers or other staff administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban or rural areas
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, support services, equipment or supplies
- Organize and direct committees evaluating departmental or agency projects or programs
- Interview, hire and oversee training and professional development.
- A bachelor's degree in economics, business administration, commerce or public administration is required.
- A master's degree in economics or a related field may be required.
- Several years of experience as an economist, economic development officer or socio-economic researcher are required.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
- Economists and economic policy researchers and analysts
- Financial managers
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Labour policy analysts
41644164 Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers)
- Program managers in government
416416 Policy and program researchers, consultants and officers)
- Senior government managers and officials