0211 Engineering managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementEngineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.
- director, engineering research and development
- electrical engineering service manager
- engineering department manager
- engineering manager
- manager, telecommunications engineering service
- production engineering manager
- A bachelor's degree in engineering is usually required.
- Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is usually required.
- Mobility to other technical managerial positions, or to research or senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Architecture and science managers
- Computer and information systems managers
- Construction managers
- Engineers and supervisors of engineers
2121 Professional occupations in natural and applied sciences)
- Managers in transportation
- Manufacturing managers
- Utilities managers