0132 Postal and courier services managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementPostal and courier services managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations in postal facilities and in establishments that provide courier services. They are employed by Canada Post Corporation and by courier companies.
- mail processing plant manager
- manager, collection and delivery operations – postal service
- manager, mail operations
- messenger service manager
- parcel processing plant manager
- postal station superintendent
- post office manager
- production control manager – postal service
- Postal and courier services managers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of postal facilities and courier service companies, or of operational divisions within Canada Post and courier service companies
- Co-ordinate the duties of supervisors and other staff
- Manage the accurate and expedient movement of mail and parcels through postal and parcel sorting facilities
- Review effectiveness of assigned operations and implement changes to postal and courier operations
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and administer the expenditures of postal and courier facilities
- Interview, hire and provide training for staff.
- A university degree or college diploma is usually required.
- Several years of supervisory or operational experience within a postal or courier facility are usually required.
12141214 Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations)