0121 Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementInsurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of departments or establishments that provide insurance, mortgage, real estate and investment services. They are generally responsible for business development and must ensure that their group reaches performance levels related to established objectives. They are employed by insurance companies, real estate firms, stockbrokers, investment dealers, mortgage brokers and security and commodity exchanges.
- bond sales manager
- brokerage manager – investments
- commodities trading manager
- insurance claims service manager
- insurance manager
- investment manager – financial brokerage
- securities sales director
- trading floor manager
- financial brokerage manager
- real estate service manager
- mortgage broker manager
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, economics or other related field is usually required.
- Several years of experience within the appropriate industry are usually required.
- Licensure appropriate to the service sold, such as real estate, mortgage, securities or insurance, may be required.
- In the insurance industry, a recognized professional designation is usually required.
- There is no mobility between the different types of managers in this unit group.
- Progression to senior management positions is possible with experience.
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- Banking, credit and other investment managers
- Financial managers
- Other business services managers
- Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services