0113 Purchasing managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementPurchasing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a purchasing department and develop and implement the purchasing policies of a business or institution. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
- contract manager
- food purchasing manager
- manager, purchasing contracts
- material manager
- procurement director
- purchasing director
- supply chain logistics manager
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is usually required.
- Purchasing managers responsible for units purchasing specialized materials or business services may require a related degree or diploma. For example, a bachelor's degree or college diploma in engineering may be required for purchasing managers responsible for purchasing industrial products.
- The designation Supply Chain Management Professional (S.C.M.P.) or registration in the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada may be required.
- Several years of experience as a purchasing agent or officer are required.
- Purchasing agents and officers
- Retail and wholesale buyers
- Warehouse managers
07140714 Facility operation and maintenance managers)