0111 Financial managers
End of Quick search
Lead statementFinancial managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments. They develop and implement the financial policies and systems of establishments. Financial managers establish performance standards and prepare various financial reports for senior management. They are employed in financial and accounting departments in companies throughout the private sector and in government.
- controller – financial services
- director – financial services
- director of accounting
- finance director
- financial administrator
- manager, financial control
- manager, financial planning and analysis
- manager, internal audit services
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required.
- A master's degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another master's level management program may be required.
- Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required.
- Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CA, CMA or CGA).
- Progression to senior management positions, such as vice-president of finance, is possible with experience.
- Banking, credit and other investment managers
- Managers of accounting and auditing firms
01250125 Other business services managers)
- Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services