0014 Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
End of Quick search
Lead statementSenior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations or they may own and operate their own business.
- educational institution chief financial officer (CFO)
- professional association executive director
- health services institution executive director
- membership organization general manager
- voluntary organization executive director
- scientific association chairperson
- music guild president
- labour organization president
- business association president
- social services institution corporate controller
- arts and culture association chairperson
- automobile association executive director
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
- There is mobility among senior management occupations.
- Administrators - post-secondary education and vocational training
- Government managers - education policy development and program administration
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Managers in health care
- Managers in social, community and correctional services
- Other managers in public administration
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education