0014 Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
End of Quick search
Lead statementSenior managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, membership and other organizations or institutions that deliver health, education, social or community services. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these organizations, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They are employed in health care organizations, educational services, social and community services and membership organizations.
- chairperson, arts and culture association
- chairperson, scientific association
- chief financial officer (CFO), educational institution
- corporate controller, social services institution
- executive director, automobile association
- executive director, health services institution
- executive director, professional association
- executive director, voluntary organization
- general manager, membership organization
- president, business association
- president, labour organization
- president, music guild
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
- There is mobility among senior management occupations.
ExclusionsRelated middle managers are classified in the following unit groups:
- Administrators - post-secondary education and vocational training
- Government managers - education policy development and program administration
- Government managers - health and social policy development and program administration
- Managers in health care
- Managers in social, community and correctional services
- Other managers in public administration
- School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education