0012 Senior government managers and officials
End of Quick search
Lead statementSenior government managers and officials plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the major activities of municipal or regional governments or of provincial, territorial or federal departments, boards, agencies or commissions. They establish the direction to be taken by these organizations in accordance with legislation and policies made by elected representatives or legislative bodies.
- assistant deputy minister
- chairperson, Human Rights Commission
- chief administrative officer – regional municipality
- chief statistician – government services
- city administrator
- deputy minister
- director general – government services
- executive director – government services
- high commissioner
- A university degree or college diploma is usually required.
- A graduate degree in a related field may be required.
- Several years of managerial experience in the public or private sector are required.
- There is mobility among senior management occupations.
- Middle managers in government
041041 Managers in public administration)