Quick Search - Results
End of Quick search
4154 Professional occupations in religionProfessionals in this unit group conduct religious services, administer the rites of a religious faith or denomination, provide spiritual and moral guidance and perform other functions associated with the practice of a religion. They perform these duties in churches, synagogues, temples or other places of worship. They may also work in other institutions such as schools, hospitals and prisons.
- moderator – religion
- Professionals in this unit group perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct regular religious services
- Administer rites of faiths such as marriages and funerals
- Pray and promote spirituality by delivering sermons and other talks
- Provide spiritual and moral guidance to members of a religious faith
- Supervise, plan and administer programs of religious education
- May participate in humanitarian endeavours and delivery of social services and welfare activities
- May share in the administrative and financial operation of a religious community
- May provide consultation services to government and other organizations.
- Completion of college, university or other program in religious studies is usually required. Some occupations in this unit group may require a master’s of divinity or theology.
- A period of study with a senior minister is usually required.
- Progression to senior positions included in this unit group, within a religious order, is possible with experience.
- Other religious occupations