1523 Production logistics co-ordinators
End of Quick search
Lead statementProduction logistics co-ordinators co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within an establishment, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production and construction projects. They are employed by manufacturing and construction companies, printing and publishing companies and other industrial establishments.
- production clerk
- production co-ordinator
- production scheduler
- scheduling clerk
- supply chain co-ordinator – production
- traffic control clerk
- material estimator
- traffic clerk – broadcasting
Production logistics co-ordinators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Compile detailed worksheets and specifications from customer's order
- Estimate type and quantity of materials and labour required for production, construction and other projects
- Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with other production clerks, warehouse, production and construction supervisors and purchasing and inventory clerks to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and production floors or construction sites
- Co-ordinate and monitor logistics of the movement of parts, supplies and materials within an establishment and ensure that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work, materials used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required and college may be required.
- Previous clerical experience or experience as a production worker may be required.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.